The Board of Health enforces Massachusetts General Laws, Sanitary Codes and Town of Richmond Bylaws and Regulations for the promotion of a healthy community. The Board of Health also works closely with the Berkshire Public Health Alliance which inspects the town's food service establishments and assists with the inspection of camps and pools located within the town.
NOTE FROM THE BOH:
MassDEP is pleased to announce the release of the Massachusetts version of the U.S. EPA online tool called “Be Well Informed” (BWI). This tool allows private well-owners to anonymously compare their lab results to state or federal standards or guidelines that exist for public drinking water. The tool also provides information about any potential health risks, and known water treatment options available to homeowners.
The BWI tool may be obtained at the following EPA web page:
- From here, select “browse as guest” at top right side of web page.
- Agree to the “conditions of use”.
- The Be Well Informed tool is at the top left side of the next web page.
- Open the dropdown menu arrow in the box labeled “Select a State/Tribe” and select “Massachusetts”, then click on the “check your water” box.
- A data entry page will open for the entry of water quality results.
- There is also a “State/Tribe Resources” menu item at the top of the data entry page where you may obtain links to information that is relevant to private well owners from MassDEP, MADPH, EPA, and other entities.
Public Office Hours
First Tuesday 6:00PM
Richmond Town Hall
|Food Establishment Permit||$50.00|
|Food Establishment Permit (temporary)||$25.00|
|Installation of Septic System||$75.00|
|Septic System Permit - Complete System (engineering plan to review)||$100.00|
|Septic System Repair Permit (minor repairs)||$50.00|
|Title V Inspection Witness||$25.00/hr, $50.00 minimum|
|Percolation Tests||$25.00/hr, $75.00 minimum|
Go to DOCUMENT CENTER for Board of Health Regulations, Forms and Application